14 August, 2009

Chips and Chopsticks

A few months ago The Monster and I made a special trip to Chinatown.  In addition to paying the taxman we wandered around in search of something very special - kid friendly chopsticks. I couldn't tell you the name of the store we found them in, with me not speaking Cantonese or Mandarin. But we found the pint sized chopsticks and the little black plastic chopsticks training.  I don't know if that's what you call it, but I refer to is as the training wheels for the chopsticks.

And here is the household's favourite use for chopsticks: eating potato chips. Hubby has been doing this for as long as I've known him.  Before you scoff and giggle at this odd habit, think about it for a minute.  Most of us eat chips while watching TV.  If you use chopsticks you do not have the lick your fingers or get the remote greasy.  Ingenious, right?

So Hubby has The Monster trained up.  Now, if only I could get him to stop feeding her chips.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of people eating cheezies with chopsticks, so that their fingers don't get all orange. I think it's brilliant, and the chips with chopsticks is right in the same vein. Plus it really classes up the snack food, especially if the chopsticks are nice.

elle said...

hmmm, I'd starve to death. 8^)

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog and am enjoying it very much. It's great that you are close to my stomping grounds. I am curious as to how one would access the recipes in "This Week with Thompson Wright" as they look interesting too.

Kevin Kossowan said...

I didn't know they made kid chopsticks?!? That's something I'll have to get my hands on. I've often wondered how asian kids learn to use chopsticks, because the mom-and-pop-chinese place we frequent always scorns our 2 year old using chopsticks: too dangerous, apparently.

brown robin said...

brilliant!

Anonymous said...

We have some that are called 'rookie stix' and not just my son likes them - they're a perfect training wheel style chopstick for all ages.

Hannah said...

My first [and only] diet about 10 years ago revolved around the use of chopsticks. If it went in my mouth, I used a chopstick.

May seem odd but you can't "shovel" food in your mouth with chopsticks!

Unknown said...

I've been using chopsticks for years and I still use those "training wheels". I love them.

Eve Martel said...

I do that with popcorn!

Anonymous said...

I always use chopsticks when i am eating chips so my hands dont get dirty, and get the remote dirty

Personalized chopsticks said...

Those are delicious! I love using chopsticks and when you are almost ready to embrace the art of using chopsticks, you'll discover that there are chopsticks etiquettes as well.